The Chartered Financial Analyst programme is a professional degree offered by the US based CFA Institute. There are over 1.2 lakhs CFA members across 35 countries in the World.
Eligibility criteria for CFA first level is given below:
- The candidate must possess an international travel passport
- The candidate must also fulfill one of the following:
The candidate must be a graduate or be a final year bachelor’s degree student. (To register for Level II exam, the candidate must have completed bachelor’s degree program) or
- Work experience:
The candidate must possess four years of work experience or a combination of work experience and education that totals at least four years.
Exam System And Regulation
- The CFA exam is conducted in a mixture of MCQ and Vignettes ( unseen passages )
- Exams conducted in India at five cities, NewDelhi,Bangalore,Kolkata,Lucknowand Mumbai.
- A student needs to clear Level wise exams i.e level 1 ,level 2 and then Level 3
- Exam is conducted in the month of June and December for level 1
- For level 2 and 3 exam is conducted only in the month of June.
The course is divided into three levels:
Focus on basic knowledge of ten topic areas and simple analysis using investment tool.
Emphasis on application of concepts and investment tools with the focus on valuation of all the assets.
Focus on applying all the methods and concepts learned for effective portfolio management and wealth planning.