After passing class 10th, a student is eligible for registration for Common Proficiency Test. But a student can appear for CA-CPT only if he has appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Examination).
A student who has got himself registered for Common Proficiency Test 60 days prior to the first day of the month in which CPT examination is to be held i.e. on or before 1st April and 1st October, can appear in the CPT examination to be held in June and December respectively. Common Proficiency Test examinations are held in June & December every year.
To apply for admission to the CPT course a student is required to apply in the prescribed form.
A student may buy Prospectus from ICAI center by remitting Rs.100. The application form is available in the Prospectus.
Alternatively, the application form can be downloaded.
The registration and tuition fee is Rs.6,000, which is to be remitted along with filled in application form. In case a student submits downloaded application form, he should remit Rs.6,100(Rs.100 for Prospectus). A copy of the Prospectus will be sent along with the study package.
Validity of CPT Registration
• Initial registration for Common Proficiency Course (CPC) is valid for 3 years.
• Fee for revalidation is Rs. 300/- for 3 years period.
Enclosures to CPT Registration form
• Demand Draft towards registration fees.
• Proof of date of birth: Class 10th admit card and 10th pass marksheet/10th pass certificate indicating date of birth/ duly attested by a Chartered Accountant/ Gazetted Officer/ Head of the institute.
• Attested copy of 12th pass or its equivalent qualification as recognised by central government, if passed.
• Proof of Nationality, if student is foreigner.
• Proof of Special Category Certificate i.e., SC/ST, OBC and Disabled.
Exam System: CA-CPT
Fundamentals of Accounting
Minimum Marks required to clear CA-CPT which is a MCQ based exam is 100 marks i.e. 50% in aggregate and 30% marks required in each subject.